Bariatric surgery has been recognized all over the world as the only effective and safe technique to combat severe obesity and maintain weight loss in the long term .
Bariatric Surgery , also known as Gastric By-Pass Surgery , is the name given to general applications such as Gastric Tube Surgery, Gastric By-Pass, Stomach Reduction , especially stomach operations in weight loss treatments . The Basic Purpose of Bariatric Surgery Methods; It is to provide weight loss by restricting the amount of food that the stomach can hold.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that helps you lose weight in the long term (short term and permanent) . Therefore, each surgery has its own advantages and disadvantages.
To Whom Is Bariatric Surgery Applied?
This form of treatment may not be the right choice for everyone who is overweight. As a result of the examinations to be made primarily, Bariatric Surgery Doctors determine whether this operation is beneficial for the patient .
If you have one of the following special conditions, Bariatric Surgery may be an option for you;
- Your body mass index BMI>35
- Type II diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea and other respiratory disorders, fatty liver, other obesity-related diseases and BMI between 30-35
- If you have the above conditions and aim for healthy lifestyle changes
Bariatric Surgery Surgery aims to achieve long-term (or permanent) weight loss in a short time. After the operation, changes in hormone levels that control appetite are observed. In particular, the patient's normal eating habits also change rapidly, and the feeling of less eating and, accordingly, faster weight loss begins.
According to the overall results from current treatments, it has been observed that more than 90 percent of individuals with bariatric surgery have lost 80 percent or more of their excess weight. It should not be forgotten that no matter which bariatric surgical treatment you decide on, the success of weight loss depends on many other important factors such as nutrition, exercise and behavior change.
Which Disease Risks Can Be Reduced With Bariatric Surgery?
As a result of weight loss, it can potentially reduce the following serious health risks;
- Asthma and obesity and related respiratory disorders
- cholesterol abnormalities
- fatty liver
- Heart diseases
- Sleep apnea
- Urinary stresses (incontinence)
- fatty liver
- Type II Diabetes
Advantages of Bariatric Surgery;
- Improves your health and quality of life
- It provides a long-term normalization process by providing permanent weight loss in a short time.
- Lives a longer and healthier life
- It brings the individual a happier life at peace with himself .
- It guarantees the most effective and fast weight loss accepted in the world.
Bariatric Surgery Istanbul
Bariatric Surgery Applications are serious and rapid weight loss operations that require expertise. What needs to be considered in treatments; The Bariatric Surgery Doctor who will perform the application and previous patient references and success are very important. Biomy Health , in Istanbul specialists experienced in the field of bariatric surgery doctors are working with. With 20 years of experience and numerous operations, he professionally manages the entire treatment process.
For more information about bariatric surgery and treatments , you can visit our center and consult our experts .
Biomy Health, Obesity Treatment Center provides service in Istanbul, Turkey. Hope to see you among us.
In which cases is bariatric surgery preferred?
Bariatric surgery may be preferred in the following cases
- When life starts to give you sadness instead of joy because of your extra pounds
- When exercises and diet programs don't work
- When your health problems start as a result of your reduced mobility,
This treatment method can be performed with the advice of a specialist bariatric surgeon .